Monday, October 1, 2007

Tagged!

Ok, so I have been tagged by Donna of Donna Says to tell you 8 things about myself. Now the question is, what should they be.

1. I am a mother and would not trade anything in the world for my little girl. She is the centre of my world. I orriginally went back to school to learn to do jewelery so I could have an excuse to stay home and be with her rather than going back to office work.

2. I am Jewish, and this plays a really big part in every aspect of my life. As tough as it can be to lead a Modern Orthodox life, I would not give it up for anything in the world. It adds to my sense of self, and gives me a direction to work towards... even if I know I am not there yet.

3. I am a grade school teacher by training, and taught for only a year before realizing I had made an enormous mistake.

4. As funny and talkative as most people think I am, I rarely make new friends in real life. Crowds scare me a little.

5. I have a cheap IKEA couch that is the most comfortable thing in the world. I had it recovered in brown Ultrasuede and now people think it is a very expensive piece of furniture. I crack up every time someone tells me where they think I got it.

6. I have a total black thumb. I can not grow ANYTHING. My husband will not even let me dress my daughter in green because he is worried I might forget to feed her.

7. My work bench is made from the same desk I did my homework on as a kid. Before that it was my mother's desk as a kid. Before that my great aunt used it for the same thing. It never saw this coming.

8. I am an insomniac. I regularly work until 3 in the morning, then complain that I do not get enough sleep if someoen calls and wakes me up at 10am.

Ok, now I need to tag some people. Not sure how I know who will read this, but I figure I can try :)

Fat Chick
The Tale of a Canadian in Israel and Other Stories
The Rotund

That is all I have for now. I will try to add more shortly.

1 comment:

Donna Pool said...

Love your list! Especially the comment about your "black thumb!" I killed an air fern once myself! And what a legacy with that workbench/desk of yours! Wow! Oh, you have to go to the blogs of the people you tagged and leave a comment to let them know they've been tagged, like I did with you.