Friday, October 12, 2007

Look around, you will be amazed what you can find.

This bracelet is one of my favourites. I made it to see at one of my first craft shows, and never actually managed to put it on sale. I fell in love with it and decided that I deserved a treat once in a while as well!

I wear it at least a couple of times a week with everything from jeans and a sweater to black tie formal wear and it never fails to be a perfect accent and look right at home on my wrist. I am constantly getting comments on how crisp and clean and modern it looks.

Now the secret. This was a chain belt I found in a charity rummage sale a couple of years ago. I bought it thinking that I would use it as a belt. The trouble with that was whenever I put it on I looked like I was dressed for a great party... in 1986!

I had it kicking around for a while and one day got the idea to break it up and see what I could do with it. I added a clasp and voila! I ended up with a wonderful addition to any outfit, and because it had started life as a belt it had a bit of a larger scale that was just perfect for my look.

So look around. Chances are there is loads of stuff around you that can be updated into great accent pieces for your wardrobe.

No comments: