Tuesday, October 9, 2007

Good score :)

I just got a nice deal on some onyx, some lovely small amethysts, a couple of carnelian, and best of all, some beautiful nuggets of furnace glass that will look simply incredible when I get them set into silver as pendants or maybe a bracelet. B-E-A-U-T-I-F-U-L!!!

I will be honest. When it comes to glass I am a total noob. I know nothing. I have taken a class or two, made a couple of pieces in the classes, and hated it. I love the time you get to play with softened metal. I love the time you can put into getting your curves or your corners "just so". I found with glass you need to work FAST. You need to know exactly what you are doing or don't bother trying to make something presentable. On the other hand, I do know that to do really nice work takes a skilled hand and patience that I admire. Those people who do beautiful lampwork beads are real artisans, and the speed at which they need to work is incredible.

These are not lampwork. They are nothing even particularly impressive,

but All I can tell you is that I like them. I like them a lot. I am already thinking of things to do with them.

These are going to look amazing in my new high colour series :)

No comments: