Monday, October 1, 2007

Sentimental and Practical

What makes and estate piece of jewelery valuable? Certainly it is not the cost of the materials or the effort involved as often these piece go for a price high above what would appear to be their value. Often an estate piece may have no intrinsic value at all... a pretty piece of glass handed down through the generations. A small brass locket holding a piece of an ancestors hair. It is the historical significance and tradition behind the piece that elevates it to a whole new level and brings out that "special" quality.

So why not create a historical estate piece from something you might have hiding in a musty box in your basement?

Do you love rings but have trouble finding ones that suit you? How about something filled with family history and tradition, while also being bulky and funky enough to look like a piece of sculpture on your finger?

This ring, made for my own collection, is created from an heirloom piece of my great grandmother's silverware! Almost any piece of metal can be made into jewelery.

What a wonderful gift this would make to children or grandchildren, or even a new bride. A lovely way to carry on the tradition of "family silver" while allowing the bride to choose her own pieces for use on her table.

Each ring can be made to size, but there is another option. Each ring can also be created so that it is adjustable to within 4 sizes. This means that it can be moved from finger to finger with only a minimum of pressure. No tools needed. 1 ring, many sizes!

I can use a spoon with your family history behind it, or pick one up at a pawn shop and we can create a history together. Please feel free to contact me for more information.

2 comments:

Donna Pool said...

I love that you can do these! By the way, I am hereby tagging you! Check my latest blog entry to see what to do now. (I hope it helps bring some new readers to your blog!)

happyduck1979 said...

thanks :) I will get my post up this evening. I need to think of things!